There's no such thing as a dull day at Action Stations. Whether its action adventure, education, events, science or the Royal Navy - wherever your passions lie, you'll relish the diversity and magic that make a career at Action Stations totally unique.
Permanent Attractions Visitor Host/Technician
Salary £17,063.00 per annum plus enhancement of £2.00 per hour for Technician duties
Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust currently has a vacancy for a Permanent Attractions Visitor Host/Technician. This is a full-time permanent post and the successful applicant will work 5 out of 7 days, and be worked on an annualised hours system. A keen interest in the Technical aspects of the job is essential and any previous technical experience is welcomed.
Main duties will involve:
- Acting as Duty Technician when required
- Acting as Conference Technician for special events when required.
- Acting as Projectionist for No.6 Cinema when required.
- Welcoming and orientating visitors and checking tickets on entry.
- Working on the Laser Quest arena, briefing and marshalling participants, operating the till and handling cash.
- Operating all Action Stations exhibits and displays and ensuring that participants are enjoying themselves safely.
- Assisting with workshops, corporate events, education visits, birthday parties and other events as necessary.
- Operating the cinema and running the Action Stations film, Command Approved.
- Keeping Action Stations clean and tidy and in a presentable state for visitors.
- Moving furniture to any designated area within Action Stations, in preparation for special events.
To apply for this position, applicants should send a CV and covering letter detailing how their knowledge and experience match those specified to Lauren Mitchell at email@example.com
Interviews will be held after candidates are shortlisted. This is currently scheduled for the week commencing 4th June 2018